A glimps of our everyday life

Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Festivities

Halloween has come and gone and now all we're left with is tons of candy and some fun memories. If you haven't noticed, Halloween is becoming as much of a celebration as Christmas (kind of scary, but that's for another post).

We started the week of festivities with visits to the pumpkin patches and the neighborhood Halloween party (see previous posts). Here's a picture taken of our little butterfly and duck before the Halloween party:
One of my favorites of the week was my playgroup Halloween party. There's nothing better than dressing seven unwilling, but helpless toddlers and babies in all sorts of costumes. The reaction is priceless. I took at least three of these pictures and this is probably the best of the bunch. I bribed Isaac with Goldfish to get him to stay on the couch. The back row wasn't so willing, notice the mom's ducking behind their little ones. Oh what we'll do to get a picture!

One of Ella's favorite moments was carving the pumpkin. Jason asked her to draw a few designs and then choose which one she wanted to do. After a few "revisions" this is what they came up with...it actually was pretty close to what Ella drew.

Here's the proof that we were here pictures:
Because our street is loving referred to as the retirement community, we decided to walk a few blocks this year and go to a different section of the neighborhood for Trick or Treating. I'm glad we did, because Ella had a great time running from door to door to get her candy. One of the houses had a bounce house set up for the kids and another had a Monster's Inc. playing on their garage door. There were also lots of liquid beverages for the parents...I tried a pumpkin shot...very yummy...I know, I'm getting wild and crazy!!!Here's proof that Jason was not doing a very good job watching Isaac. Can you see Jason in the background? EXACTLY!!! This is not what I call looking after our 13 month old! He kept trying to tell me he was "watching" him! I guess we have different views of what that means.
It was a fun week and now I have to get back to eating more candy :)!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home