A glimps of our everyday life

Monday, September 15, 2008

Funny Things Ella's Said Lately

Ella's Learning Spanish (well maybe)

This afternoon Ella caught a cricket that I saved from drowing in the pool. She held it in captivity for hours in a water bottle. She decided to let it have a bigger place to "live" and transfered it to a large piece of my Tupperware (don't worry those of you who have received meals from me in Tupperware...we have special containers for the insects). I guess we didn't discuss the fact that crickets are really good at jumping. As I was making dinner, I heard a loud scream/cry. I ran outside to find Ella pertrified...she had seen a bee fly by (I wonder what her reaction would have been if it stung her). Anyway, in the midst of the panic attack her cricket escaped. After dinner, I told her she could go and look for the cricket and she didn't find it. She came back inside and told me this...

Ella: A maya wish
Me: You made a wish?
Ella: No, A maya wish.
Me: What did you wish for?
Ella: No, A maya wish. It means I didn't find it...in Spanish.

Now that clears things up doesn't it?!


What Ella Wants to Be When she Grows Up

When my parents were here a few weeks ago, Ella informed us that she wanted to either be a doctor, a vet, or do nails. I like how they all seem to be on level playing ground in her mind!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home