A glimps of our everyday life

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bad Hair Day(s)

Well along with the other "stuff" that's been going on around here, Isaac has developed a very bad habit of pulling Macey's hair out and his own and then sucking his thumb. It sounds disgusting, and it is, but it's also a very serious problem I've come to find out. It's called Trichotillomania and is a type of anxiety disorder. Apparently, pulling his hair out is a comfort to him. We are trying to help him find other things to soothe himself with including blankets, stuffed animals, etc.

We have also gone to drastic measures to keep him from pulling Macey's hair and his own hair. He just had his second haircut in a week today. It was hard for me to see his beautiful blonde hair go, but if it helps, it's worth it. He still looks adorable with his buzz cut (at least I think so). Macey on the other hand...not so good. I was horrified when I picked her up from the groomers yesterday. They tried to warn me that when her hair grew back in it might not be as soft or could grown in a different color. I had no idea it would look this BAD!!!

Well the picture says it all...it looks like she got her head stuck in a bottle of spray on tanner and her tail...I have no words! Oh well, it's for a good cause and she seems to be much happier with her buzz cut given the Florida heat!

Before Hair Cuts


Isaac's New Do

Macey's New Do (Poor Thing)!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Chris said...

Okay. I'm an expert on hair issues & I just have to tell you. Isaac's hair should be a little shorter. The shorter the better is my philosopy. Macey is a different story. I don't know what to say about that - it just made me laugh. That's one of those things you'll be talking about forever.

July 7, 2009 at 6:41 PM

 
Anonymous Robyn said...

Poor Macey, but it does make for a good laugh =) I think Issac is pulling his hair out because he hasn't been able to hang out with his cousins in a looooong time LOL Can you tell we're excited about getting to see y'all =)

July 11, 2009 at 10:20 PM

 
Blogger Lola said...

Oh, poor Macey!! But I totally understand why you had to do it. My little guy has been hitting himself in the head constantly, so I have a small taste of what it must be like to try and help control the anxious behaviour. I'm sure this will help Isaac a lot.

July 18, 2009 at 7:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home