A glimps of our everyday life

Friday, June 6, 2008

ALLERGIC TO THE SUN? COME ON, I LIVE IN FLORIDA!!!

Poppa and the grandsons Isaac "flying"
Jason and the kiddos
Taylor and Ella (styling with Mommy's sunglasses)
Isaac and Ella with Taylor (Tyler was sleeping)
Me and Isaac
Me and Ella
The fam (this picture was taken by my 7-year-old niece...pretty impressive)

Jason and Isaac
This post isn't meant to complain about Florida. Unlike my sister, who now lives in Santa Cruz, I love Florida and even though it gets blazing hot, I'd rather have it hot than cold and dreary (not that Santa Cruz is like that).
Anyway, it's been awhile since I've posted anything because we spent a week at the beach with Jason's side of the family. We had a wonderful time and the weather was beautiful pretty much the entire time. Unfortunately, I broke out with sun poisoning the first day I was in the sun. It's not like I was doing the sun worshipping thing either. I was wearing SPF 30 and after a few hours came back inside to discover my chest was covered in red, bug-bite looking bumps. It's really attractive and not to mention incredibly itchy.

I'd like to say that this is the first time this has happened to me, but no, this has been going on for the past five years. I finally got online, like any good wanna be doctor, and found out that I am ALLERGIC TO THE SUN.
Those of you who know me well, also know that I am allergic to shellfish as well. What a great combination for a Floridian...a sun allergy and a shellfish allergy. I am obviously not a native Floridian, but a transplant who apparently belongs where the sun don't shine :)!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather and Matt Troxell said...

haha... this is so classic. Sorry to hear about your newest allergy Sis. Add it to the list though, right?

June 6, 2008 at 3:57 PM

 
Blogger Taylor and Tyler's Mom said...

Well then Carissa, that's a perfect excuse for y'all to come visit us in Memphis-the sun isn't as intense and we're known for our BBQ, not seafood :) These are great pictures and thanks for sending us some-Taylor loves them. We had a great time with you guys, (I figured 1 y'all in a comment was enough for now-haha)

June 23, 2008 at 7:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home